Monday, August 12, 2013

Heavenly Assumption Parfaits


The Solemnity of the Assumption, which is a Holy Day of Obligation, is coming up on August 15th!  These Assumption Parfaits, adapted from Yummy Finds, would make a simple and fun treat to celebrate the feast! 


To make these all you need is a box of Berry Blue Jello, Cool Whip, and Glasses. 


Prepare the Berry Blue Jello according to the directions on the package. 


 Layer spoonfuls of Berry Blue Jello and Cool Whip in narrow glasses to create the sky and clouds!


Be sure to alternate where you place the cool whip “clouds” so that you get a nice staggered effect.


Enjoy! 



"We pronounce, declare and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory." ~ Pope Pius XII 

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Appreciation for these gorgeous photos? Check! Berry Blue Jello & Cool Whip on the shopping list? Check! Love for Our Lady in my heart? CHECK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this Jessica! I was trying to think of something simple and this is perfect--off to get some blue jello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for something special to do this year and this this is it!! These look beautiful!! I just added blue jello to my grocery list. :)

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting it early so that I can do this for my family this year! It seems that when I receive most posts, it is already too late :)

    And I agree with the first comment, these are beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berry Blue Jello, has BlueNr1 artificial coloring, which beside being carcinogenic is also a product made from mineral oil and therefore is in fact an ingredient which finds its origins 65,000,000 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to skip this post and any other post if it's not to your liking.

      Delete
    2. Such a beautiful and easy dessert to celebrate the Solemnity! Thanks for sharing. :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you everyone! I hope you had a very blessed Solemnity of the Assumption today! God bless you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such simplicity -- and even big kid love blue jello!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious thank you for the picture
    I hope I can find suger free then I can make them lillian

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love you Our Lady :) <3 These look great, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete